Friday, May 21, 2010

Keira’s Dance


    It is time to get up and start the day's cleaning. Keira doesn't go to school on Friday so I have tried to make a habit of resting in the morning for a bit and then get up and clean for the rest of the day. It doesn't always work out that way but at least I try. Before I get going for the day I wanted to share one last thing with everyone – Keira's Dance.
    Back in February, Keira went in for her seventh surgery. Since she was born with micrognathia of the lower jaw, we have been patiently waiting for the doctor to give us the green light to have the jaw distraction done. In September of 2009 we got that green light. So in February, Keira had surgery to attach a metal distracter to both sides of her jaw. The distracter was attached to two screws that we had to turn up to three times a day so we could bring her jaw forward. It was a painful process for both her and I. She may have had the physical pain but oh the emotional pain of seeing her little face and the tears that came from her would rip me apart nearly every day.
    At the end of April, Keira went back in for her eighth surgery to have the screws and distracter removed. It was such a blessing to have those screws and distracter taken out but unfortunately we will have to repeat the process again in the near future. The good thing is we have some time to heal up both physically and emotionally before the next round of surgeries begin.
    Today I want to show the world just how resilient my little girl is. Two days after her February surgery, she was still swollen but her spirits were high. We had just finished watching Dirty Dancing and well my little girl got the urge to dance. It was so cute to see that swollen face on such a tiny body dancing around to 'Time of My Life' and she was definitely having the time of her life. It are the little joys, like her dancing or discovering that now she has a chin she likes to be tickled under it, as she so discovered yesterday, that help push me through the hardest portions of the day.
    I have added a link to this post to my YouTube channel where I have posted the video. Please feel free to share, to send it around to your friends. If one little four year old can be as resilient as her, than all of us can get through whatever we are facing.
    
    Keira's Dance on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NIV6kjYx8
    Now it is time to clean a very messy house! Enjoy and who knows maybe I will be back to post more today!
    Natalie
    

No comments: